Installing the Iterate SDK within your app is straightforward using either the CocoaPods or Carthage dependency managers.
How it works
Within your app, surveys are shown in response to events. An event can be anything from viewing a screen, clicking a button, or any other user action. You use the Iterate SDK to send events to Iterate, then from your Iterate dashboard you create surveys that target those events.
- Within your Iterate account, create a new survey and select "Install in your mobile app".
- Go to the "Preview & Publish" tab and copy your SDK API key.
- Initialize the SDK in your AppDelegate class. If you're using SwiftUI, you can attach your App to an AppDelegate and initialize using the method above
- Implement events
- Within your Iterate survey target it to that event
- Publish your survey and you're done 🎉
When implementing Iterate for the first time, we encourage you to implement events for all of your core use cases which you may want to target surveys to in the future. e.g. signup, purchased, viewed X screen, tapped notification, etc. This way you can easily launch new surveys targeting these events without needing to instrument a new event each time.